Dedicated to supporting and developing world-class professionals who provide safe and efficient pupil transportation for our nation's children, NAPT provides cutting-edge educational programs designed to advance your career.
As an organization, we recognize the importance of pupil transportation to an effective educational program and are committed to the continued improvement of all aspects of this specialized educational service. NAPT's Professional Development Series (PDS) consists of nearly 40 different courses that serve as the foundation for professionals seeking their certification. Topic areas include: Orientation, Communications, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Physical Resource Management, Operations/Systems Management, Leadership, Special Education, and Emergency Management.
NAPT Professional Development Courses
Professional Development Series courses are offered in several locations and formats:
- During the NAPT Annual Summit
- Scheduled local events in conjunction with State Association & Education Partner Conferences
- Online! - Member
- Online! - Non-member
For information on bringing PDS courses to your state or district, please contact NAPT Education Specialist Janna Smeltzer at 800-989-6278 or email@example.com.
Visit our Course Catalog for descriptions
In Person Course Fees:
- Members $20 per course
- PDS courses at the NAPT Summit are available at no charge to members
- Non Members $50 per course
Professional Development Series Online
NAPT is pleased to have partnered with School Training Solutions™ to bring our Professional Development Series directly to you, in an easy, convenient, and effective manner.
- Tailored Solution – We have develop a customized, tailored portal to meet the training needs of NAPT members as opposed to the cookie cutter approach others use.
- Flexibility and Availability – Available 24/7/365, online training can be conducted when and where time permits. No more waiting for classes to form up, traveling, make-up classes, or taking time away from other activities!
- Both Cost and Value – Online training is significantly less expensive than classroom based instruction. Furthermore, as we develop new training we will add them to our online catalog quickly.
- Online Documentation and Reporting – No more waiting to get your course completion certificate. You can print it yourself as soon as you are done with a class.
- Continuing Education – AST, Inc. has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102; (703) 506-3275.
Online Course Fees:
- Members $40 per course
- Non-Members $100 per course
- Specialist Concentrations $160 course package*
*Price does not include exam fee*
If you would like to use a PO, please fax or email it with your contact information to the following:
W9 Form: Darwin Global w-9 form download
PO Box 268984
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-8984
If you have any questions, please call NAPT HQ, 800.989.NAPT
* STS, a division of Smart Horizons ®, already offers a wide variety of online training organized to meet both state mandated in service training requirements and the professional development training needs of all school district employees, including school bus drivers and other school transportation personnel. Now, they will also offer the entire NAPT PDS online too.