America's Best Training & Skills Challenge
Each year the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) holds the America's Best Training & Skills Challenge, and in 2014 we offered an enhanced program for participants. This year's event functioned jointly with NAPT's 40th Annual Summit: Driving Innovation in Kansas City, MO November 7-11.
New in 2014!
- Additional opportunities for the skills challenge
- 1 new pilot program for Special Needs Transportation Personnel
- Integrated with NAPT Annual Summit, providing more training opportunities geared towards technicians, inspectors & special needs transportation
- FREE admission to the Summit's One-Day Trade Show on November 11
Congratulations 2014 Winners!
- 1st place – KC Allen, II – AL
- 2nd place – Wayne Southard – SC
- 3rd place – Aaron Wilmoth – CO
- 1st place – Brian Stovall – AL
- 2nd place – Donald Ertel – VA
- 3rd place – Jeff Putnam – MO
Specialized Transportation Personnel
- Erick Osborn – IN
What to Expect
The America's Best will include separate events for Technicians, Inspectors, and new this year, Special Needs Transportation Personnel. Each of these areas will include a written exam and a hands-on portion. All events and America's Best specific training will take place at the Kansas City Convention Center.
Each participant's total score will be determined by combining the individual scores for each phase of the competition. The total scores will be used to determine the overall winners for Technicians, Inspectors, and SNT Personnel. All necessary tools, diagnostic equipment, and required safety equipment will be provided for use during the competition. Individual competitors will be required to follow standard safety procedures for tool usage and personal safety.
Thank You 2014 Sponsors!
Hydrotex - Scholarship Donor