Who We Are
School bus transportation plays a critical role in the education of our nation's students, and is an important component of a successful educational enterprise. It is the direct link between a neighborhood and the classroom. Founded in 1977, the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) supports a $17+ billion industry of over 600,000 people who transport more than 25 million children every school day. Through communication, leadership, education, advocacy, and resources, NAPT is dedicated to supporting and developing world-class professionals who provide safe and efficient pupil transportation for our nation's children.
Our members receive timely information through cutting-edge educational programs, unique research, and thought-provoking communications in a variety of electronic and hard-copy formats that enable members to develop practical solutions to today's school transportation, educational administration and other business-related challenges.
NAPT is the school transportation industry's largest and most diverse membership organization with members throughout the United States and Canada, as well as several countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. NAPT is headquartered in Albany, NY.
Click here to download NAPT's ByLaws
Click here to see NAPT's New Strategic Plan and Goals
NAPT's vision is to be first and foremost in leading, supporting and developing world-class professionals who provide safe and efficient pupil transportation for our children.
Our Mission is CLEAR:
- Communication - being the voice of NAPT members and the primary source of accessible, credible, timely information.
- Leadership - making extraordinary things happen by providing visible strength, energy and direction to the industry.
- Education - providing NAPT members access to relevant and multi-platform options for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Advocacy - being a proactive representative for NAPT members in influencing public policy.
- Resources - providing our members access to exceptional products and services.